Le Ballon d Alsace: my dream ride




One of my dream rides was the famous Ballon d Alsace; today it is reality.
When I arrived in France, I was very frustrated to see that shops, offices close at noon and everyone goes home for lunch; but the day I realized this was the best time to be riding, I love it. 12h to 12h15 watch out, fast drivers cutting corners are going home 4 lunch, this includes the cop car....careful to from 1h45 when they are all going back to work paricularly the farming tractors...in between it is heaven, even the dogs are staying home waiting by the dinner table for the master to throw some saucisson or cheese crust.....


The Ballon d Alsace is busy with lots of visitors coming from every where, lots of motorcyclists from Germany, Holland and Belgium. The road has some lovely curves separated by a few long stretches, making it a nice racing track. At the top of the Ballon, restaurants where the grey nomads and their campers have stopped for lunch; the road is mine....I fly down the other side and ride up again to the top, down to side road taking me through beautiful forests down to a river....

No comments: