Turkey Creek Road House had ran out of fuel as I was to continue my journey. Fortunatley the local Aboriginal community was kind to sell me some. saved me for waiting days or may be weeks for fuel. In June, Halls Creek had no fuel for 3 weeks!
I travelled to Fitzroy Crossing and stayed at the small caravan park in town. Friendly managers who gave me some lemons and turned the fridge on in the camp kitchen. On the way I happened to see a burning road train, 3mths old truck with a sign warning 'dangerous goods'it was loaded with pumpkins!
Walked along Geikie Gorge, had a beer with Red and made my way to Derby where I stayed with Wendy. We went to Winjana gorge, intended to swim but the hundreds of fresh water crocs were not very inviting...we had a great walk. This is the country of large boababs.

No comments: