Back to Katherine for a night and then heading off West. The scenery was nice particularly around Victoria River. Camped at Timber Creek, lots of shade. Before getting to the border I had my last good run of speed on the bike without having to look for any boys in blue behind the bushes ....my kitchen bag was checked for fruit and vegies. I had been aware of the check point and only had muesli. Had to go without honey for a few days as this is a no no to enter WA. Changed the clock, 2 hrs behind....don't know why it gets dark at 5pm!
At kunnunarra I chose the Hidden Valley caravan park. friendly, shady, camp kitchen with fridges. lots of young people working in the fields, picking melons or planting succhinis. I bumped into Peter the cyclist who was hoping to work but disapointed to see the work going to backpackers. I walked to the top of the hill for super views, bought fresh vegies at a farm and flew over the Kimberleys!

No comments: