Broome



I got to Broome a few days before staircase to the moon and stayed at Greg's block; camping amongst the vegie patches, they called me the 'garden gnome'. Bumped into Carl who is travelling around Australia on his own. he invites me to go on his 4x4 to Cape LÉveque. we went camping for 3 days. This is the second time I get invited on a 4x4 trip and each time we have bogged the car in sand(Darwin with Isabelle). we tried to get to a beach for sunset and the heavy Toyota loaded with a dingy on the roof was struggling....enough vegetation under the wheels and we managed to get back to camp before dark for a cold beer! It was so windy that we could not go fishing. we visited every community on the beach and camped by the water on the East Coast of the cape. The moon came up with a stair, it was lovely. The next day we visited Bully's camp and talked to jeff, I recommend this camp particularly for fishing.
Sorry I cannot take photo of the moon with my camera...but if you check a website: Broome staircase to the moon'you will see some top shots.

No comments: