Mirepoix Festival of Marionnettes

I had this bright idea to work as a volunteer at the Mirepoix Puppet Festival. Mirepoix is a small medieval town South of Carcassonne. I worked selling tickets, met lots of artists and interesting people. Purchased tickets to see a few shows (not allowed to take photos) and hung around the off festival to learn what everyone was doing. A lot of decoration were made with newspaper, cheap and good effect. Unfortunately I was the target of thieves. The lock of my cupboard was broken in the dorm. They left my money and were just after media; they took a new anti shock external drive containing all my photos and movies I was making with the action cameras on my motorbike....Fortunately I did not have computer nor cameras at the festival;  a couple of days before the robbery, I removed the bike keys from the cupboard to keep them in my bag. the robbers searched all pockets, my clothes were spread through the room, mattress upside down....The bike was locked with a big steel lock, a truck could not enter the compound, without the keys, they would have had to lift it up and carry it for a distance to take it to the street, a quite noticeable manoeuvre....
The only other girl robbed was my Italian Colleague who lost computer, camera, her work....the robbery happened when we were for once on the same shift; someone had infos   and set us up. Who was it? one of our volunteer co workers? an inside job according to the police....


 
 
The bar
If you like puppets check these shows
Twin Houses by Cie Mossoux Bonte
Commune Presence by Cie Adonk
Le petit theatre de cuisine by Cie Theatre de Cuisine
 
 
The best one at the Off Festival

Dolly was here too...

Good Bye!

 

No comments: