Hot Summer in North Queensland



It has been hot camping in my van, quite cooler on the Atherton Tableland; parked at my friend's Claudine near Yungaburra, there was mist in the morning down the valley and I recorded the rainforest birds choir at dawn....the softeness of the colours amongst the tree was soothing.
We pulled out lantanna to clear for replanting trees during the next wet; if the wet ever comes....
it is so dry, in a way I used these beautiful days to restore my house once the tenants left. the front stairs needed repairs and I repainted them...lots of small things to fix and some bigger ones...put some stones at the rear of the house to get a better drainage and avoid termites which had a go at one of the posts; quickly I covered it up with a mosaic as a potential buyer was coming to look at the place...
Noticed that there are no more birds around my place, obviously they did not like the tenants...slowly they are coming back; the sunbird did not return to its nest, gone next door to a better place...frogs have increased in numbers and I even found a rare one, had to check in a book to make sure it was not a cane toad, it is a Torrent tree frog that did not like to be photographed and disappeared amongst the rocks. This owl took refuge at Elaine's house at Mission Beach; looked like it had been injured and could not fly very well.
The place does not feel like my home anymore....I hope I can sell it so that I can go on with my filming...

No comments: